I’m getting a NEW camera!! My birthday is coming up on July 6th and even though I’d love an iPad2 I decided on a new camera. Plus I’ve already found someone to purchase my current camera. I currently own an Olympus E-520. It has been a great camera and I’ve learned a lot about manual shooting, but I’m ready for an upgrade!
- 10-megapixel CMOS sensor captures enough detail for photo-quality 18 x 24-inch prints
- Lightweight ergonomic design; kit includes 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Zuiko lens
- Enhanced in-body Image Stabilization with Supersonic Wave Drive technology
- Face Detection and Shadow Adjustment technologies; Perfect Shot Preview
I’ve always thought the Olympus brand was nice and I never thought I needed a Nikon or Canon to take amazing photos… and I still don’t! But it DOES make a difference.
I was able to borrow a Canon EOS Rebel T2i to test out. My husband has no idea what he’s doing and was able to take amazing photos! And although I CAN get those shots with my Olympus, the Canon seems much more user-friendly.
Canon EOS Rebel T2i
- 18.0 MP CMOS sensor and DIGIC 4 Image Processor for high image quality and speed.
- ISO 100 – 6400 for shooting from bright to dim light.
- Improved EOS Full HD Movie mode with manual exposure control, expanded recording with new Movie Digital zoom
- Vari-angle 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor (3:2) for shooting at high or low angles and 1,040,000-dot VGA with reflection reduction
- New Scene Intelligent Auto mode and Picture Style Auto incorporating the new EOS Scene Detection System
- 3.0-inch Vari-Angle Clear View LCD; Built-in flash; Full HD movie mode at 1920 x 1080 resolution
- And Video Snapshot features for enhanced video shooting options.
Here’s a few shots I took with the Olympus vs the Canon…
Overall, after reading a ton of reviews. I think I may go with the Nikon D5100. I’ve heard some people love their Canon and some hate them, and I’m sure I’d be happy with a Canon BUT most everyone I talk to that owns a Nikon, LOVES it! Plus Nikon seems to be very durable and are obviously well known (for a good reason).
- 3-inch, 921,000-dot Super-Density horizontal type Vari-Angle LCD Monitor
- In-camera Special Effects Mode
- In-camera HDR (High Dynamic Range)
- Stunning Full 1080p HD Movies with Full Time Autofocus
- High Resolution 16.2 MP DX-format CMOS sensor
I love the vari-angle LCD monitor! It will really come handy especially for self portraits!
Take pictures or record movies from a unique viewpoint, the D5100’s 3.0 inch, super sharp, 921,000-dot Vari-angle LCD monitor allows for versatile high quality viewing and playback. Explore every angle, with overhead shots, waist level candids, ground level and fun self portraits; you will never miss a shot. This Vari-angle monitor allows you to be creative from any point of view.
So which do you prefer?? Nikon OR Canon?!?!