It’s hard to believe that in just a few weeks, we will be changing our clocks back from Daylight Saving Time. This year the time change is on November 4 and it also marks the 25th anniversary of the annual Change Your Clock Change Your Battery® program. Energizer and the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) are once again working with local fire departments nationwide to raise awareness on the importance of working smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors in helping to keep families safe in their homes.
- 38% of fatal fire injuries occur in homes with no smoke alarms, while 24% occur in homes in which at least one smoke alarm is present but fails to operate, frequently due to dead or missing batteries.
- Last year, there were 1,389,500 fires reported in the United States. More than 3000 civilians perished as a result of the fires, and there were 17,500 civilian injuries.
- In 2011, a structure fire was reported on average every 63 seconds across the U.S.-including home structure fires, which were reported every 85 seconds.
- Every two hours and 55 minutes, someone in our country dies from a house fire.
- Cooking is the #1 cause of home fires.
From October 11 through November 4, visit the Energizer Bunny® Facebook page and click on the Fire Safety Info Tab. Here you will have the chance to enter a sweepstakes to win an additional Family Safety Kit. Energizer will be giving away one Family Safety Kit per day for 25 days; valued at more than $150.
In addition you can find fire safety tips, a home escape plan that you can download and draw your family’s home escape plan, as well as a coloring and activity sheet.
The Change Your Clock Change Your Battery®program is just one of the ways Energizer brings to life the company’s commitment to making a positive impact in communities across the country. that’s positivenergy™ For more information, please visit energizer.com and facebook.com/energizerbunny.
Keep your family, friends and neighbors safe — remind them to change the batteries in their smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors when they change their clocks back this fall.
One lucky winner will receive a Family Safety Kit complete with a reusable grocery tote containing:
- One 2-pack of Energizer® MAX® Batteries (9v) with Power Seal Technology – Dependable, powerful performance for the devices that help keep your family safe; now hold their charge when stored for up to 5 years
- One Energizer® Flameless Wax Candle – Enjoy the realistic flicker of a scented wax candle without the worry of open flame or hassle of soot and dripping wax
- One Energizer® Weatheready® Safety Light – Waterproof flashlight powered by AA, AAA or C cell batteries; includes safety whistle and imprinted preparedness checklist
- One Kidde Battery-Operated Combination Carbon Monoxide and Smoke Alarm
The total value of the Family Safety Kit is approximately $78 per kit.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Open to US ONLY! Contest ends November 6, 2012 @ 12:01 am EST.
The winner will be selected randomly and posted here on 11/7/12. To claim your prize(s), reply to your notification email. Winner will be asked to respond within 72 hours of being notified. Prize(s) not claimed will be forfeited and a new winner will be selected.
Thanks for Entering & Good Luck!!
Disclaimer: This post was written for the company or pr firm. These views and opinions are my own and were not influenced by compensation.