1 in 5 children in the United States struggles with hunger. Childhood hunger in America is an issue of access to food, and No Kid Hungry works to make access easier, like offering school breakfast in the classroom so all kids get a healthy start to their day.
3 out of 4 teachers say they have children in their classrooms who regularly come to school hungry. When kids get regular healthy meals they do better on tests, have fewer discipline problems, have fewer health problems and are more likely to graduate.
Child hunger is a solvable issue. When you support No Kid Hungry, you get us closer to every kid getting healthy meals every day.
This September, thousands of restaurant across the country and in every state will once again team up with No Kid Hungry® to help end childhood hunger in America.
Dine Out for No Kid Hungry:
Participating restaurants stand out in their community by engaging their guests through valuable promotions and rewards in return for donations. Since its launch in 2008, participating restaurants have raised $37 million in support of No Kid Hungry to help ensure every kid gets healthy meals every day.
Mom’s Night Out:
To help raise awareness about the Dine Out initiative, No Kid Hungry is encouraging you to host a Mom’s Night Out event. Invite your friends and family out for dinner at one of the participating restaurants. I hosted a Mom’s Night Out for the school last Friday at Arby’s. One lucky parent won $250 just for showing up!
Current Arby’s offer: Donate $1 to receive a coupon for use on your next visit. Valid through 10/9/16.
How people can help:
- Grab your friends, families, coworkers & visit a participating restaurant. You can make every meal count for kids when you dine out for No Kid Hungry.
- Snap a pic, tag the restaurant & #NoKidHungry, and share it on whatever platform you like…Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, or all of the above. Let everyone know why dining out for No Kid Hungry is important to you!
- For kids in need, every meal counts: $1 helps feed a child 10 meals.
- When you dine out at your favorite participating restaurant and donate to No Kid Hungry, you’re helping put an end to childhood hunger in the U.S. You also earn valuable coupons and rewards for doing your part.
- Follow @NoKidHungry on Twitter, like the No Kid Hungry Facebook page, and follow No Kid Hungry on Instagram
Right now we’re giving away a $500 purchase towards something the winning parent needs for their child’s school! Let us know what your school needs and we will send it directly to them!
HOW TO ENTER: Like and Comment on this FB post!
EXTRA ENTRY: In a separate comment, tag a friend you’d like to join you for a Mom’s Night Out
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Winner will be selected randomly from the comments section. Ends 9/15
Dine out. Do good. It’s that simple. It’s the family with empty pantries. It’s the home with enough to eat for three weeks of a month, but not the fourth. It’s the family where moms are skipping dinner so their kids are fed.
Make every meal count this September – dine out at a participating restaurant & help make No Kid Hungry a reality. Visit NoKidHungry.org and enter your zip code on your smartphone or computer to find which of your favorite places are part of Dine Out for No Kid Hungry.
This is a compensated post written by me on behalf of No Kid Hungry. All views and opinions are my own.